Today I’m coming to you from Texas. We came to visit family and friends and will be heading back to Germany this weekend. It has been a really good trip overall and I can’t believe how quickly it’s coming to an end. In this installment, it’s back to regular life after a trip to Madrid which included me making 3 dozen tamales for my husband’s potluck lunch at work and an overnight trip to Colmar, France. We always heard that Colmar was beautiful, and that it’s the inspiration for Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, so we knew we had to go check it out.
We went on a Friday afternoon, we checked into our hotel, and then we went to a winery nearby for an impromptu tasting and we got some wine there. We then explored a little bit before it got too dark, and finally we went to dinner at L’Atelier Du Peintre. We got the six-course meal, and just about everything was delicious. If I remember correctly, the only thing we weren’t crazy about was the fish but everything else was amazing.
The next day, we had breakfast at L’Atelier De Yann (we got there just before the breakfast rush!) and although the pastries looked heavenly, we opted for a savory breakfast: the Bun’s Océanique for me and the Quiche Lorraine for my husband. We both really enjoyed our choices.
After breakfast, we went to exploring again but this time, everything was nice and bright, and we were able to soak it all in! Unbeknownst to us, I had taken a photo of Little Venice at night but it was hard to see it all, and we were just walking around, so I was glad we went back during the day. Colmar was just so beautiful everywhere you went, and I hope I can take my mom to visit it one day.
Now back to regular programming: as per usual, I printed the photos using the Canon Pixma Pro 100 (which has been discontinued) on Kirkland 8.5″x11″ photo paper. I’m using a 10×8 album by Ali Edwards.
For this spread, the journal cards I used were from Ali Edwards January 2022 Stories by the Month kit, as well as the “Love this story,” “let’s begin,” and the “NEW” stickers. The “Bring on the Love” sticker was from a SBTM kit from February, but I’m unsure of what year that was from. The red ink I used on the dates is Redwoods by AE as well. The roller date stamp is by 1canoe2 but it has been discontinued.
For this insert, I used a scrapbook.com 6×8 page protector which I customized using the Project Life Fuse tool. I created the collage template in Photoshop. I stamped words and phrases from Kelly Purkey’s Travel Words stamp set (sold out) onto Avery Multiuse Ultra tabs trimmed down to size with Studio Calico Inky Black ink.
For this insert, I started out with the Highlights template from the Bon Voyage set by In A Creative Bubble, but I found that I needed more space for vertical photos, so I modified it. I added a stamp from the Adventure Bound Stamp brushes set also from IACB. The grey paper is from an old Pinkfresh Studio collection “Out and About.” As on the other side, I stamped words and phrases from Kelly Purkey’s Travel Words stamp set (sold out) onto Avery Multiuse Ultra tabs trimmed down to size with Studio Calico Inky Black ink.
Other items mentioned/seen on the video:
- Fiskars ProCision rotary bypass trimmer
- Card with 4 boxes – PaperPerson Shop – digital || physical kit
- Iris photo cases – Container Store
- Map on vellum – I think this is an old one from Michaels
- Tombow MONO permanent adhesive
- Tim Holtz stamp platform
- Project Life Fuse tool – similar
- We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-dile Multi Hole punch
- 6-hole punch
- IKEA Saxborga cork & glass container set
- Post-It Flags
- Ali Edwards Travel Phrases – sold out
- Studio Calico Road Trip stamp set
- Journal cards from Ali Edwards’ 2019 Travel collection – Main kit (digital) || journal cards (digital)
- Travel collection chipboard stickers (digital)
- Artist Gather alpha stamps
- Paper Person Shop labels
- Everyday Explorers – Ready to Roam stamp set
- Everyday Explorers – Time To Celebrate stamp set
- Weekend adventures stamp – maybe Ali Edwards? Check back next week!
- Like a Local stamp – maybe Feed Your Craft? Check back next week!
- Chipboard numbers – Ali Edwards Travel 2019 Collection Take me away chipboard shapes (digital)
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you’re doing well!